|Object Name||Airframe part|
|Maker||Saranac Lake, NY: Gladd Brothers Company|
Rod, part of the landing gear. Made of aluminum. Rod with three disks at one end and ridges to screw into adjoining part at the other end.
The airframe consists of the fuselage, wings and undercarriage. The rod is a part of the landing gear.
|Notes||Items donated were manufactured in the Gladd Brothers Company of Saranac Lake, NY between 1942 and 1944. The business started as a boat business in 1928, but quickly expanded and took on the franchise for Ford, Lincoln and Mercury Cars. During World War II, they operated a defense plant employing more than 200 workers, giving Saranac Lake one of the biggest payrolls ever known from its private industry. The Gladd Brothers sold the business in 1949.|
|Dimensions||L-18.5 Dia-1.5 inches|