|Object Name||Guideboat, Adirondack|
|Used||Long Lake Club (Prior to 1950) and Plumley's Camp, Long Lake (1950-56)|
Guideboat. Wood. Vanished outside. Painted tan inside with plank seats fore and aft. Mid-seat cleats but no seat. Two sets of oar locks. Pair of oars painted with aluminum paint .
L: 16'B: 38"Wt: 83 lbs
Built by an unknown Long Lake builder, ca. 1880
This boat has no yoke cleats and was probably never meant to be carried. It is rather heavier than most guideboats of this length; H.D. Grant's Virginia, although admittedly built by a master and later than this boat, weighs only 58 pounds.
In any case, this boat was used primarily on a route that has no carries, from the Long Lake Club just downstream from the foot of Long Lake, up into Long Lake and to the village. Long Lake is fifteen miles long, so there were many places to go without carrying. The boat came to the museum with pads cut from a rubber hose protecting the gunwales, probably for transportation overland on a wagon or car.
|Notes||16' X 38.5",83 lbs.|
|Dimensions||W-3.208 L-16.333 feet|
|Other number||AM 0577, cat. 62|
|Owned by||Long Lake Club / Neilson, Mr. and Mrs. Raymond|