|Object Name||Airframe part|
|Maker||Saranac Lake, NY: Gladd Brothers Company|
Brace, part of the landing gear. Made of aluminum. Long, flat shaft with two holes at either end to attach a screw through.
The airframe consists of the fuselage, wings and undercarriage. The brace is a part of the landing gear.
|Notes||Items donated were manufactured in the Gladd Brothers Company of Saranac Lake, NY between 1942 and 1944. The business started as a boat business in 1928, but quickly expanded and took on the franchise for Ford, Lincoln and Mercury Cars. During World War II, they operated a defense plant employing more than 200 workers, giving Saranac Lake one of the biggest payrolls ever known from its private industry. The Gladd Brothers sold the business in 1949.|
|Dimensions||W-1.5 L-11.25 inches|