|Object Name||Print, gelatin silver|
Image of the corner of a building at Putnam Camp, looking from the ground up. Fence in foreground, staircase to second story porch. Water streaming out of a pipe on the porch.
"September 1900 " hand written at the top of the page.
|Date||1900 September-1900 September|
|Collection||Historic Photo Collection|
Putnam Camp was purchased from Smith and Orlando Beede by Henry Pickering Bowditch (1840-1911), Charles Pickering Putnam (1844-1914), James Jackson Putnam (1846-1918), and William James (1842-1910) in 1876. Descendants of the founders still use the camp (as of 2006).
For more information about Putnam Camp and the role of its members in the intellectual society that developed in Keene Valley, see Plunz, Two Adirondack Hamlets in History, pp. 191-237.