|Object Name||Print, gelatin silver|
"Afternoon in Fred Lamb's camp."
|Date||1909 September-1909 September|
Putnam Camp was purchased from Smith and Orlando Beede by Henry Pickering Bowditch (1840-1911), Charles Pickering Putnam (1844-1914), James Jackson Putnam (1846-1918), and William James (1842-1910) in 1876. Descendants of the founders still use the camp (as of 2006).
For more information about Putnam Camp and the role of its members in the intellectual society that developed in Keene Valley, see Plunz, Two Adirondack Hamlets in History, pp. 191-237.